Blowers should scatter leaves and dirt, not fire projectiles. That’s why ECHO recalled 67,000 Echo and Shindaiwa Backpack Blowers and 6,600 shoulder straps.
The exact problem, as stated in the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recall notice: “The blower’s shoulder straps, plastic buckles, or the anti-static ground wire can be drawn into the blower fan and fan housing, causing plastic pieces to be expelled from the machine, posing laceration and impact hazards.”
ECHO says it’s heard of this happening 62 times, “including one minor injury, when pieces of blower were expelled from the machine, hitting a consumer in the neck.”
This covers backpack blower models:
▪ PB-8010H, serial Nos. P48715001001 to P48715999999 and P52315001001 to P52315011904.
▪ PB8010T, serial Nos. P48615001001 to P48615999999 and P52415001001 to P52415014244.
▪ EB810, serial Nos. P52515001001 to P52515002697.
▪ EB810RT, serial Nos. P52015001001 to P52015999999 and P52615001001 to P52615003792.
And replacement straps
FLASH SALE! Unlimited digital access for $3.99 per month
Don't miss this great deal. Offer ends on March 31st!SAVE NOW
▪ ECHO Right Shoulder Strap, part Nos. P/N C061000780 and P/N C061000781.
▪ ECHO Left Shoulder Strap, part Nos. P/N C061000790 and P/N C061000791
▪ Shindaiwa Right Shoulder Strap, part No. P/N C061000861
▪ Shindaiwa Left Shoulder Strap, part No. P/N C061000871.
People with questions can call ECHO at 800-432-3246 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Friday, or Shindaiwa at 877-986-7783 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Friday.