Nicole Gomez has been promoted to director of client relations at LSN Partners in Miami Beach. She was an associate the firm. She has been the chief of staff to the mayor and Commission for the City of North Miami Beach and led the Division of Public Affairs and Community Engagement. Gomez has a bachelor’s in political science from the University of Central Florida.
Jorge Manrique, M.D., has been appointed head of Cleveland Clinic Weston’s new Sarcoma Program. He is a specialist at the clinic in musculoskeletal oncology as well as hip and knee replacement surgery. Dr. Manrique has a medical degree from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Colombia. He completed a clinical and research fellowship in adult joint reconstruction at the Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, and an orthopaedic oncology clinical fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle.
At Greenberg Traurig, seven attorneys were elevated to shareholder in the firm’s Miami office:
▪ Evelyn Cobos is a member of the litigation practice. She represents clients on a variety of matters including commercial disputes, contract and tort claims, consumer products and insurance coverage. (J.D., Northwestern.)
▪ James E. Gillenwater is also a member of the litigation practice. He has represented clients in high-stakes international disputes, including trials, arbitrations and complex internal investigations. (J.D., Duke.)
▪ William E. Keenen is a member of the private wealth services practice. He focuses his practice on trust and estate matters, particularly estate planning for high-net worth individuals. He also advises clients in connection with probate and trust administration, nuptial agreements and business succession planning. (J.D., LL.M., University of Miami.)
▪ Michael J. Larson is a member of the real estate practice. He represents public and private real estate companies, institutional investors and developers. (J.D., University of Miami; U.S. Army veteran.)
FLASH SALE! Unlimited digital access for $3.99 per month
Don't miss this great deal. Offer ends on March 31st!SAVE NOW
▪ Ari Newman is a member of the restructuring and bankruptcy practice. He has experience with business reorganizations, liquidations, distressed asset acquisition and sales, financial restructurings and adversary proceeding litigation. (J.D., University of Miami.)
▪ Andrew C. Sharpe is a member of the real estate practice. His practice focuses on representing developers in all aspects of condominium, mixed-use and planned developments. (J.D., LL.M., University of Miami.)
▪ Jay A. Yagoda is a member of the litigation and appellate practices. He focuses his practice on appellate matters and litigation support. (J.D., University of Florida.)
COMMUNICATIONS | MARKETING
Yudi Fernández has been appointed to partner at Schwartz Media Strategies in Miami. She leads multilingual media relations, marketing and social media campaigns, with an emphasis on commercial real estate, construction, financial services and municipal affairs. Fernández has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Florida and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University.
Marthica Galvis has been appointed director of marketing at 1 Hotel South Beach. She most recently was director of marketing at W Miami.
Isadora Badi has been named senior vice president of marketing at ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. Badi acted as vice president of global marketing for Sotheby’s International Realty, based out of the firm’s New Jersey headquarters. She has a bachelor’s in mass communication and advertising from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil and an MBA from Pennsylvania State University.
This space lists promotions of executives at the director level and above who are based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. Announcements, also at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, with a high-resolution jpeg of a head shot, to email@example.com. Include position (company, title) most recently held prior to the new job.
Name: Timothy D. Shields
New position: Director of enterprise applications & integrations at Kelley Kronenberg.
About: The software professional and licensed attorney is tasked with enhancing systems and infrastructure to accommodate the firm’s growth.
From: Most recently, he was director of CRM solutions at Nova Southeastern University. He was tasked with implementing a university-wide software solution to manage the recruitment and admissions process.
Also: Shields is a certified information privacy professional (CIPP/US) and holds advanced certifications in Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw. He is a Black Belt Lean SixSigma.
Education: Bachelor’s, and master’s, in higher education administration from the University of Central Florida; and a master’s in computer information systems, a doctorate in organizational leadership, and J.D. from NSU.
Best advice: It’s better for people to be disappointed about the truth, than in you for not telling them.